- · Online: Take the online survey
- · Printed survey: Pick up and complete a survey in person at any Council office or library branch
- · Email to email@example.com
- · Letter to the General Manager (Attention: Corporate Planning Team), Penrith City Council, PO Box 60, Penrith NSW 2751
- After the public exhibition period ends on Monday 4 November 2019 you will no longer be able to comment on the draft documents.
- Council’s Corporate Planning and City Planning teams will go over all the feedback we have received from the community during the exhibition.
- Council will review the CES and CPP, and make any necessary changes to the draft documents. This will include updating and incorporating content from Penrith Development Control Plan (DCP) 2014, Appendix F4: Notification and Advertising into the CPP.
- If you commented on the CES or CPP and provided your email or postal address, you will receive a reply to your feedback and information about the upcoming Council meeting.
- The draft CES and final CPP will be reported to Council for adoption on Monday 25 November 2019. The report will include the community feedback received during the public exhibition period and any changes to the documents.
- The adopted CPP will be published on Council’s website on Friday 29 November 2019. The CES design will be updated and made accessible in the following weeks.
- Once the CPP has been adopted, the process to revoke Penrith Development Control Plan (DCP) 2014, Appendix F4: Notification and Advertising will commence.
- Information on the Shaping Our Future Penrith – Community Plan engagement and how you can get involved will be shared early next year.
WHAT DOES PUBLIC EXHIBITION MEAN?
When Council puts something on public exhibition it means that anyone can look at and comment on it, and that formal notification of the public exhibition has taken place. By putting our draft Community Engagement Strategy and the included Community Participation Plan on exhibition, we are giving the community the chance to look at them and give us feedback before they’re finalised. Your comments will help us understand what we may need to add or change before the Strategy is adopted.
WHAT IS ON EXHIBITION?
The draft Community Engagement Strategy (CES), with the Community Participation Plan (CPP) will be available for public comment from Tuesday 24 September 2019. They will be on formal public exhibition from 3 October 2019 to Monday 4 November 2019.
By making the draft CES and CPP available before the formal public exhibition period begins, we are giving you as long as possible to comment.
The Community Engagement Strategy outlines Council’s approach to engagement. Engagement is at the core of how we listen to understand community needs and aspirations, with feedback informing the delivery of services, plans and projects.
The Community Engagement Strategy includes the proposed Community Plan engagement, outlining what we have heard and some of the activities we will use to engage you and other stakeholders in preparing our 10-year Community Plan.The Community Participation Plan outlines how you can get involved in local and City-wide land use planning. The CPP sets out how you can have your say on planning and development decisions to help us achieve better outcomes today and in the future.
WHY IS THIS DOCUMENT IMPORTANT?
WHY SHOULD I LOOK AT THE DOCUMENTS?
By viewing and commenting on the draft Strategy you could influence how you have a say on the plans, projects and activities that shape your day-to-day experiences. We want to make it easier for you to get information and have your say. We know it can be difficult to get involved in a way that suits you, we want to try and make it easier but need you to let us know how.
Your comments will help us better understand how you prefer to be involved in Council’s decision-making so you can influence your local and wider communities.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE DOCUMENT?
You can download the draft CES and CPP or, if you prefer, you can view them in person at the Penrith Civic Centre, St Marys Business Office or any Penrith City library branch.
HOW CAN I TELL COUNCIL WHAT I THINK?
There are a number of ways you can tell us what you think:
To make sure Council gets the chance to consider your comments before finalising the Strategy please have your say before Monday 4 November 2019.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE PUBLIC EXHIBITION ENDS?
I’VE STILL GOT QUESTIONS…
No problem, we are happy to answer your questions.
In addition to viewing the draft Community Engagement Strategy with the Community Participation Plan in person, council staff will be hosting drop in sessions where you can view the draft Strategy and ask questions.
These drop-in sessions will be held at the following times and locations:
You can also call the Corporate Planning team on 4732 8200, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.